Volunteer eligibility is not guaranteed. Volunteers are carefully screened and selected based on a number of factors, including:
Emailed within 3 or 4 business days
- A personal interview (booked by Volunteer Resources)
- Successful completion of a Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC)
- Successful completion of a two-step Tuberculosis (TB) test and
- Two outstanding references
- Acknowledgement and adherance to the hospital's Code of Conduct
- Successful completion of our Volunteer Orientation and role-specific training
We thank all of those who apply. Selected applicants will be invited to an interview.
Due to fluctuations in the requirements for volunteers and the personal time availability of those applying for positions, we cannot guarantee that every applicant will obtain a volunteer placement.
Health screening must be completed before starting a placement in the hospital. This includes:
- The two-step TB test
- Bloodwork to confirm immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella (chicken pox) or last two dates when boosters were administered.
Completion of the health screening may require 4 or more visits to your family physician. Please ensure you can make the commitment to follow through with the required paperwork.
Tools & Resources
For more information or questions about application process, please contact:
Coordinator, Volunteer Resources
T: 905-632-3737 Ext. 1443
FREE Parking: When you attend the hospital for required visits in the application process. Please bring your parking ticket with you and you will receive a free replacement ticket to exit.